What Does SHOC Do?
The purpose of SHOC established at its inaugural meeting over a decade ago is:
• the promotion of excellence and encouragement of advancement in the organisation of healthcare through research, education and service to the community
• to support and encourage the advancement through collaboration and when appropriate representative discussions and advice to governments and other communities at both political and administrative levels ,nationally and internationally
• to develop and disseminate theory and practice in organising healthcare through the provision of conferences seminars and associated publications, both nationally and internationally
• to comment on national needs and encourage international cooperation in the development and practise of organising for healthcare
• to enhance the organisation of healthcare through the recognition and celebration of outstanding contributions
• in pursuit of the above to bring together such people and resources as are needed to create sustain and develop the society to achieve its purpose